Adventurous things to do in Houston
If you find yourself in Houston with some time to kill, check out one of these adventurous things to do! From exploring the city’s many museums to hiking and biking through its many parks, there’s something for everyone.
Whether you’re a Houston native or just visiting, be sure to add one of these adventurous activities to your to-do list!
Adventurous things to do in Houston
Rock climbing at Rocksport
Looking for something adventurous to do in Houston? Why not try your hand at rock climbing!
Rocksport, located in North Houston, is a great place to get started. They offer beginner classes as well as more advanced options, so there’s something for everyone.
Not only is rock climbing a great workout, but it’s also super fun and can be very addicting. Once you start, you may not be able to stop!
Visit the Space Center Houston
If you’re looking for some adventure during your stay in Houston, then be sure to visit the Space Center Houston! This center is dedicated to educating the public about space exploration and features interactive exhibits and displays. You can also take a tour of NASA’s Johnson Space Center, where you can see how astronauts train for their missions.
Bike or run along the Bayou Greenways
Looking for something adventurous to do in Houston? Why not try biking or running along the Bayou Greenways?
The Bayou Greenways is a network of trails and parks that wind through some of Houston’s most scenic bayous. The trails are well-maintained and offer beautiful views of the bayous and the cityscape beyond.
Biking or running along the Bayou Greenways is a great way to get some exercise while taking in the sights of Houston. So if you’re looking for an adventure, be sure to check out the Bayou Greenways!
Take a kayak out on Buffalo Bayou
Looking for something adventurous to do in Houston? Why not take a kayak out on Buffalo Bayou! This urban waterway is a great place to paddle around and explore the city from a different perspective.
There are several rental companies that offer kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddleboards, so you can easily find one that suits your needs and budget. Once you’re out on the water, be sure to keep an eye out for wildlife. You might see turtles, fish, birds, and even alligators!
Paddling around Buffalo Bayou is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air, while also getting a taste of adventure. So why not give it a try next time you’re looking for something fun to do in Houston?
Go on a hike in Memorial Park
Looking to get some fresh air and explore Houston’s great outdoors? Memorial Park is the perfect spot for a hike. With over 1,500 acres of forest to explore, you’re sure to find the perfect trail for your adventure. And when you’re done, you can enjoy a picnic lunch in one of the park’s many scenic spots.
Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston is one of the largest museums in the United States, with a collection that spans more than 6,000 years of history. From ancient Egyptian artifacts to modern masterpieces, there’s something for everyone at this world-class museum. And best of all, admission is free!
Explore the Houston Zoo
Home to more than 6,000 animals from 900 species, the Houston Zoo is one of the most popular attractions in the city. With a variety of exhibits and educational programs, there’s something for everyone at this beloved zoo.
Things to keep in mind before adventuring
When you’re planning an adventure, it’s important to keep a few things in mind so that your experience is as great as possible. Here are some tips to help you plan your next Houston adventure:
1. Choose your adventure wisely – there are many different types of adventures to be had in Houston, so make sure you choose one that’s right for you. If you’re looking for a physical challenge, there are plenty of hiking and biking trails to explore. If you’re more interested in a cultural experience, there are numerous museums and art galleries to check out.
2. Make sure you’re prepared – before embarking on your adventure, make sure you’re prepared both mentally and physically. Depending on the type of adventure you’re planning, you may need to pack certain items (e.g., sunscreen, insect repellent, water). You’ll also want to make sure you’re in good physical shape so that you can enjoy your experience to the fullest.
3. Plan for the unexpected – even the best-laid plans can go awry, so it’s important to be prepared for the unexpected when adventuring. Make sure you have a backup plan in case your first choice doesn’t work out, and always bring along a map so you can find your way back if necessary.
4. Be aware of your surroundings – it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of an adventure and forget to pay attention to your surroundings. However, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings at all times, as there may be hazards present that you’re not aware of. If you’re unsure about something, don’t hesitate to ask a local for help.
5. Have fun! – above all, remember to have fun on your adventure! Houston has so much to offer, so make the most of your experience and create memories that will last a lifetime.